So this is a little embarasing but the new image uploaded 10 days ago was also corrupt.
I found the reason today and an hour later the fix was done. It has been my long lasting attempts to get rid of the InnoDB storage engine. The reason for getting rid of it is that it is to memoryhungry for the poor little Raspberry. Recently I changed the MySQL configuration to not load that storage engine but somehow that setting hadn't gone into effect. Untill now in the new image. And the result was not what I had forseen, and the interesting thing was that parts of the system was functional but many parts where not. (And my testing seemed to focus on the parts that did work)
I have now cleaned up the database and are in the progress of uploading the new image.
I have got indications on that the lagets update is not very good for some systems. Unfortunatly i am about 4000 km away from my computer and development environment so I can't do anything about it before the next Sunday.
So do not update if you don't make a full SD card backup before.
(That is recommended to do from time to time)
Edit: I have now (2013-08-07) fixed one issue and I therefor recommend to update again. But to be safe do make that backup of the SD-card.
I have just uploaded a new image, hopefully this works on new Raspberry PIs.
Apart from an upgraded system it also contains a better xpath library for python (lxml) - if you dont understand what xpath is then this will not make a difference for you. I have also installed lirc and owfs-server in default. None of these are in active use with todays software but having them installed makes it possible for me to push software updates that utilize functionality from these.
There is two reasons this image is called beta.
1) I would very much like a confirmation on if this image works on a new Raspberry PI (those with Hynix memory)
2) I have some experimental way to make some optimization to the database, however I am not sure if this will work for all of you.
Before upgrade make a backup image of your whole card. Then make a copy of your configuration (Create or restore a configuration from the administrative interface, Make Backup, Download the new backup file to your desktop computer.
Now load the new image to your SD-card, enter the administrative interface, upload the backup-file and restore from it.
Please let me know if you run into any problems!
I have got confirmation on 1) so this is a fix for this. Please let me know if you experience any problems restoring from backup as that is an area where I have made changes that are a little "experimental".